This privacy statement provides information on the collection of personal data by Bonson Industrial Company Limited and its subsidiaries and related bodies corporate and any website it operates (referred to as “Bonson”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
Our business interests span both Australia and New Zealand. The laws we comply with in handling your personal information will depend on your location:
- if you are in Australia, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australian Privacy Act); and
- if you are in New Zealand, the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ Privacy Act).
We work hard to build and maintain a relationship of trust with you. When it comes to handling your personal information, we do so carefully and sensibly, in compliance with the laws stated above. We recognise that your personal information is confidential and that it is important for you to know how we handle, gather, store, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
By using our website you acknowledge that your personal information will be treated in accordance with the details of this Privacy Statement.
What personal data we collect, how it is collected and why we collect it
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Your Name;
- Contact information and preferences;
- Details of the products you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to respond to your enquiries; and
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly (for example, location data and usage data).
- We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
Collection of your personal information:
- Through your access and use of our website, and purchases made online;
- Through your conversations or email or interaction, between you and Bonson and their representatives;
- Through any registration or subscription process; and
- Via website cookies when you visit our website.
We may use your personal data:
- To communicate with you and process your requests;
- To provide and facilitate services and products to you;
- To facilitate user account management and the logon process;
- For market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- To keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention); and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information.
Cookies may be used on some pages of our site. If you fill in details on our site you may opt-in to saving those in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again.
You may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains information on how to block cookies from a wide variety of browsers, how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
Cookies also collect information about browsing behaviour by people who access our website. We use Google Analytics software to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our website. This service is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics.
All information is aggregated by Google Analytics and provided to us to help us better understand usage of our website – no individual visitors are identified. Google Analytics is an accepted website traffic measurement tool. You can learn more about Google Analytics by visiting http://analytics.google.com/.
How long we retain your data
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose outlined in this privacy statement unless otherwise required by law. Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit personal information.
How you can access your data
If you have an account on our website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. If you would at any time like to review or correct the information in your account or terminate your account, you can log in to your account settings or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data collection using cookies or other technologies
We respect your privacy and it is important to us that you have control over the collection of your personal data. You can use the settings within your browser to adjust or opt-out of data collection through cookies and Google Analytics. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
Newsletters and mailing lists
If you currently subscribe to our newsletter and no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe by contacting us or by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletter.
When we can disclose your data
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information;
- Any other person authorised by the Australian Privacy Act, NZ Privacy Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- Any other person authorised by you; or
- Any third party contractor for the purpose of providing our services or products to you.
How we protect your data
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect you and Bonson from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, use, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption when possible to keep your data private while in transit and storage;
- We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, including good password hygiene practice, SSL certificates, and safe plugin practice;
- We regularly back up our database to prevent inappropriate loss of information; and
- We restrict access to personal information to Bonson employees, contractors, and agents who need that information for the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. Anyone with this access is subject to confidentiality obligations.
Changes to this policy
There may be times where we need to update or revise this privacy statement at any time. Any changes to this statement will be reflected here, and will take effect immediately.
The continued use of our digital channels, or continuing to engage with us, after such changes are published indicates that you agree to be bound by this privacy statement.
This statement applies from April 2021 and was last updated on 1 April 2021.
The content of this website is provided for convenience and we do our best to ensure that the information is accurate. However, Bonson cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content nor for any loss or damage to any party relying on any information contained on this website.
This website may provide links to other websites that are not under Bonson’s control. Bonson is not responsible for the currency or accuracy of the content on such websites and the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement by Bonson of the linked website or its provider.
We own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in this website. All rights are reserved. You must not copy, display, modify, reproduce, store in a retrieval system, transmit (in any form or by any means), distribute, use for creating derivative works or use in any other way for commercial or public purposes any part of this website without our prior written consent.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions via email at email@example.com.