Sustainability initiatives and practices for how we operate
We are constantly looking at how our manufacturing practices and our supply chain can minimise the impact that our products and business operations have on the environment. This involves creating initiatives around sustainability and ensuring that sustainability is an important consideration in our 'continuous improvement' approach to business development.
Sustainable product design targeting waste reduction
Our focus on designing lighter weight products, while maintaining desired performance and tensile strength, has helped our customers meet product specifications with less plastic material. The lighter containers are also more cost-effective to transport.
Energy efficiency can have significant impacts on the environment, we have taken a number of steps to reduce our energy consumption:
• Investing in smart power monitoring technology to ensure our facility is operating efficiently 24/7.
• Adopting louvres and tinted glass with a high shading coefficient to reduce heat build-up and minimise light penetration. Lighting controls and sensors have also been installed throughout the facility.
• Installing energy-efficient VRV systems to maintain optimum operational temperatures.
Water conservation and storm water protection
One of the essential requirements for plastic injection moulding is proper cooling where water plays a significant role. Some of the initiatives we have in place to conserve water:
• Specially designed filters to protect the storm water system from contamination in the event of any accidental spills by fine sediments.
• The expertly designed roofing structure effectively captures and channels roof water throughout our facility to the harvest tank for storage. This water is then used to fuel our cooling systems and amenities.
• Sensors have been introduced to all hand washing facilities
Join our mailing list to keep on top of what's new and could benefit you and your company.